Michael Regan

 
 
 review
 
 
 My favourite pictures from 2017. No suprises that 97% is football related but the other 3% is a swanky car ad shoot in Ibiza. It did make a nice change from Stoke I suppose. Sad to finish as the England photographer halfway through the year but that opened up the door to working more with FIFA. Apparently next year will be quite a busy one...
 
 
0107
Grey Area. Park football in Preston. Saw this match going on and stopped off whilst I was on the way to...
[© Getty Images]
 
0107a
 ...PNE v Arsenal. Callum Robinson of Preston celebrates opening the scoring in the FA Cup 3rd Round.
[© Getty Images]
 
0117
Last minute of extra time. Bright Osayi-Samuel of Blackpool celebrates his winning goal in the in the FA Cup at Barnsley.
[© Getty Images]
 
 
0408
From Barnsley to Barca.
Barcelona 6 - PSG 1 [6-5 agg] This sadly, is as good as it got as I was sat at the wrong end for the match... didn't help that Barca scored a couple whilst I was walking downstairs after doing this GV.
[© Getty Images]
 
 0227
Leicester's Jamie Vardy scores against Liverpool under the lights.
[© Getty Images]
 
0415
Harry Maguire of Hull celebrates scoring an equaliser against Stoke. Needless to say Stoke scored a couple of minutes later and made this picture completely irrelevant.
[© Getty Images]
 
0418
... Nights like this. Leicester City v Atletico Madrid in the Champions League Quarter-Final. How is this less than a year ago?!
[© Getty Images]
 
0422
Antonio Conte of Chelsea loses it during the FA Cup Semi Final v Spurs
[© The FA]
 
0222
Harry Kane and David Luiz from the same match.
[© The FA]
 
0423
Arsene Wenger rallies the troops ahead of extra time against Manchester City in the FA Cup Semi... 
[© The FA]
 
0423a
... and it worked.
[© The FA]
 
0516
A random inclusion. I went to Ibiza for a week to shoot this with Mark Ronson and the new Lexus LC500. A kit launch of sorts.
[© Lexus]
 
0426
Brad Guzan of Boro clears the ball vs Sunderland at the Riverside.
[© Getty Images]
 
0528
Chelsea lift the Premier League trophy at Stamford Bridge.
[© Getty Images]
 
0527
Arsene Wenger lifts the FA Cup at Wembley.
[© The FA]
 
0606
One from the Chelsea kit launch.
[© Nike]
 
0607
Harry Kane practises being Harry Kane. 
[© The FA]
 
0611
England players and staff gather after training to watch the Under 20s win the World Cup on a laptop. 
[© The FA]
 
1006
Scotland lose their bottle and England celebrate a last minute equaliser at Hampden Park.
[© The FA]
 
0707
Tottenham's turn for a kit launch picture.
[© Nike/Tottenham Hotspur] 
 
0615
Luís Carlos Almeida da Cunha aka Nani poses in Kazan ahead of the Confederations Cup.
[© FIFA]
  
0618
Ronaldo makes a young lad's day/month/year. 
[© FIFA]
  
0622
Germany v Chile, Confederations Cup 
[© FIFA]
 
0625
Qolşärif Mosque in the Kazan Kremlin.
[© FIFA]
 
0628
Ricardo Quaresma of Portugal sees his penalty saved by Claudio Bravo of Chile during the Confeds Semi Final. Chile won it 3-0. 
[© FIFA]
 
0810
Romelu Lukaku of Manchester United.
[© The Premier League]
 
0901
Danny Welbeck scores as England beat Malta 4-0 in Ta' Qali. 
[© The FA]
 
600
Javier Hernandez signs for West Ham United
[© WHU]
 
0917
Cosmos Arena in Samara Russia. I was there on a technical tour of the building site and spotted this painful looking game of barefoot football taking place on the way out. 
[© Getty Images]
 
1023001
Cristiano Ronaldo poses after winning Player of the Year at the FIFA Best Awards in London. I wont bore you with how much work went into this.
All things considered, my favourite picture of the year.
Ronaldo > Messi btw
[© FIFA]
 
1023004aaa
1023003
Had the chance to shoot some incredible players ahead of The Best awards. Zidane, Neymar took it seriously. Dani Alves was also there.
[© FIFA]
 
1101d
Various national team managers are seen on place holders during rehersals for the World Cup Draw.
[© FIFA]
 
1101
Gordon Banks, Lothar Matthaus, Nwankwo Kanuand and Jay-Jay Okocha look on as Pele holds hands with Vladimir Putin whilst Diego Maradonna kisses his head.
Without doubt my favouite caption of the year came from the World Cup Draw in Moscow.
[© FIFA]
 
1101a
 The Two Ronnies, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho take in the excitement of the World Cup Draw.
[© FIFA]
 
1216
Harry Kane meets Nicolás Otamendi during Man City v Spurs in the Premier League
[© Nike] 
 
 1216a
Kevin De Bruyne lets off steam after scoring against Spurs.
[© Nike]
 
 
 
 
 
GettyImages-883645890